Friday, March 6, 2020

Me Too Censorship?


I occasionally post songs on a website and app, https://chords-and-tabs.net/, just to broaden the palettes of the usual culprits who frequent suck places. Mostly, I'm correcting chords or lyrics for the songs I perform, just so my own app has the story right for me to play. (I don't bother to remember many songs in my old age.) I think I have posted about 100 songs to now. This week, I got a surprise. I posted a 2005 Buddy Guy song, "What Kind of Woman Is This," and the site "rejected" it. I have posted songs like "You're An Asshole" without any sort of censure. I suspect the lyric, "You should be locked up, pretty girl, in my bedroom with me." is the culprit. Fuck 'em if they want to screw with Buddy Guy.

No comments:

Wirebender Audio Rants

Over the dozen years I taught audio engineering at Musictech College and McNally Smith College of Music, I accumulated a lot of material that might be useful to all sorts of budding audio techs and musicians. This site will include comments and questions about professional audio standards, practices, and equipment. I will add occasional product reviews with as many objective and irrational opinions as possible.