Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Legend in My Mind

I can not remember a time in my musical life when Leon Russell was not an inspiration, intimidating as hell, a giant source of musical insight, and producing the best music of his time. We had the total luck of getting to see him close and personal a few years back (with this band) at a small club in Maplewood, MN. He was just recovering from a heart attack and still put on a several hour show that knocked us out. Nobody has ever done more with less than Leon Russell.

No comments:

Wirebender Audio Rants

Over the dozen years I taught audio engineering at Musictech College and McNally Smith College of Music, I accumulated a lot of material that might be useful to all sorts of budding audio techs and musicians. This site will include comments and questions about professional audio standards, practices, and equipment. I will add occasional product reviews with as many objective and irrational opinions as possible.