Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Professionals?

We have progressed from when "professional" meant someone who made a living and supported a family in a profession to where anyone who once held a job or an internship until discovered to be incompetent can claim to "have been a professional." The current definition is leaning toward "I paid a shitload of cash (in unpaid loans) to be education in a professional and while I'm too lazy, incompetent, and/or untalented to even find an unpaid internship in that field, I deserve to be called a professional." I can't even imagine what's next.

No comments:

Wirebender Audio Rants

Over the dozen years I taught audio engineering at Musictech College and McNally Smith College of Music, I accumulated a lot of material that might be useful to all sorts of budding audio techs and musicians. This site will include comments and questions about professional audio standards, practices, and equipment. I will add occasional product reviews with as many objective and irrational opinions as possible.