[This page was designed for McNally Smith College of Music Students. However, if the information on this page is useful to you, I'm glad to have been assistance.]
Audio Signal Flow
- Analog Signal Flow in the Trident S80 console. This drawing depicts a mess, but it's our mess. This is a 3-page PDF that depicts the most simple path, the actual Trident path, and a generic console signal path.
- Digital Signal Flow typical in-the-box signal path including as much of the signal as possible retained in the digital realm.
Microphones & Accessories
- Shure Microphone's "Microphone Techniques for Recording"
- Shure Microphone's "Microphone Techniques for Drums"
- WikiBooks Microphone Techniques Handbook file
- YouTube Stereo Microphone Technique Video
- YouTube Mid-Side Stereo Technique Video
- ProCo's "How to Pick a Microphone Cable" pdf
Consoles and Recording Equipment
- Jobs in recording studios - What are the jobs available? from RecordProduction.com
- Recording Studio Careers Buddy Brundo's take on the technology and jobs in recording studios. This should be required viewing in our program. If you think getting to be a recording engineer or producer is a simple career plan, think again.
- The Multitrack Library This website contains a huge collection of multitrack recordings that you can use to practice your mixing techniques and to look at the inside of some decent recordings.